When your Wi-Fi not working on pc, you can generally find the problem by disconnecting your router for a few seconds and seeing if the issue has resolved itself. But there are other steps that can improve the speed and performance of your network, too!
Read on to find out how to diagnose slow internet speeds and figure out the problems that affect your connection. We’ll also provide you with a list of tools that can help you manage all connectivity issues related to Wi-Fi not working on pc or laptop.
Types of Problems:
There are many different types of problems that can cause your wifi not to work. Here are some of the most common issues:
1. Poor Wi-Fi reception – This could be due to interference from other devices on your network, a weak or dead antenna, or outdated software that’s not compatible with the latest Wi-Fi standards. If you’re using a baby monitor, for example, you may need to move it out of range of your router in order to get good reception.
2. Offline Internet – If you suddenly lose connection to the Internet while using your phone, computer, or other device connected to the network, it’s possible that something went wrong with your Internet service provider (ISP). Try calling your ISP and asking them what might be causing the problem.
3. Blocked ports – Sometimes devices that are connected to a router through ports can become blocked because of previous damage or user error. To unblock a port on your router, use a port forwarding utility like Total VPN’s Router Port Forwarding Wizard.
4. Dead internal components – A defective internal component may be the source of poor Wi-Fi reception or online troubleshooting challenges. If you’re experiencing problems with your laptop’s battery, hard drive, memory, or processor, it may be time to take it in for repair.
What are some common Wi-Fi troubleshooting steps?
If you find that your Wi-Fi network is not working as it should, there are a few simple steps you can take to try and diagnose and fix the problem like Wi-Fi not working on pc.
1. Check your network’s settings. Make sure you have the correct network name and password, that your router is up-to-date with the latest security patches, and that all of your devices are configured to connect to the correct network.
2. Test your router’s signal strength. Place one device near the router and one device near any devices that you want to connect to the network. If you can’t reach all of your devices from within a reasonable distance, your router may not be powerful enough to support a high-quality WiFi signal.
3. Reset your router. This will delete all of your current network settings and re-enable the router to accept new connections. If you’re having trouble connecting to a particular networking provider or if there are other general troubles with using the WiFi connection, resetting the router may resolve those issues as well.
4. Check for rogue or infected devices on your network.
Reasons for Wi-Fi problems
WiFi is a convenient and valuable way to stay connected in areas without access to a network or the internet. But when WiFi is not working on a pc or wifi not connecting on laptop, it’s frustrating and can be difficult to troubleshoot. Here are some common reasons why WiFi might not be working:
-The network is out of range
-The router is faulty
-The cable is faulty
-The modem/router is faulty
-You’re using an incompatible device
-You’re blocking wireless signals
1.) If your home or office Wi-Fi is not working on pc
One common cause of a home or office wifi not connecting on laptop is a misconfigured\or dead wireless router. If you’re having trouble connecting to your router, try the following:
-Ensure that your router is turned on and also linked to the internet.
-Ensure that your router’s firmware is up to the minute. Older routers may not have updated firmware available, and this can cause them to fail to work with newer security software. The manufacturer’s website should provide instructions for updating the firmware.
-Make sure that your wifi router is positioned in a suitable location and that there isn’t any interference from other electronics in your vicinity.
2.) How to fix Wi-Fi not working on pc with unplugging the router
WiFi problems can be difficult to troubleshoot. If your router is unplugged or if you are unable to restart the router, you may need to reset it.
To reset your router:
1. Unplug your router and wait 10 seconds.
2. Reconnect your router and power it on.
3. Enter the default password in the admin user interface.
4. If there is a configuration section, change any of the settings.
5. Click save settings and exit the interface.
6. Plugged it back in and waiting for it to reconnect to the network
3.) Solutions for Firefox and Safari
If wifi not working on pc, and you’re experiencing poor WiFi performance in Firefox or Safari, here are some solutions:
– In Firefox, disable “use a proxy server for network services” and “use a secure connection to the internet”.
– For Safari, uncheck the “Enable VPN” check box.
– In both browsers, reset your browser settings to their defaults.
4.) Solution for Chrome and Internet Explorer
If you are experiencing Wi-Fi issues like Wi-Fi not working on pc and Wi-Fi not connecting on laptop then there are some steps to fix Wi-Fi problems with Internet Explorer and Chrome:
1. Open IE or Chrome, click on the three lines in the top right corner of the window, and select “Settings.”
2. In the “Internet Options” window, click on the “Advanced” tab.
3. Under the “WIFI” category, click on the “Connection Settings” button.
4. In the “Connection Settings” window, under “Host Name,” type in your router’s IP address (not its username or password). Under “Use the following DNS servers,” type 22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199, which is Google’s public DNS server addresses. If you’re using a residential internet service, your Internet Service providers will likely provide these addresses to you automatically.
5. Click on the “OK” button to save your changes and close the “Internet Options” window.
6. Now you should be able to connect to your WiFi network.
5.) Solutions for Mac and Fire TV
If your device is connected to the Internet, there are a few things you can do to try and fix the WiFi connection. Unfortunately, there is no guaranteed fix, but these steps can help:
1. Make sure that your Wi-Fi is turned on and activated.
2. Check that your WiFi connection is connected to the correct network.
3. Try connecting to different networks and see if one of them works better.
4. Replace any old Wi-Fi antennas with new ones.
Wi-Fi is a valuable tool but it can sometimes go wrong, especially when Wi-Fi not working on pc or if you’re unable to reach your router. Here, we have shown you how to fix Wi-Fi without unplugging or rebooting your computer. Simply follow our instructions and you’ll be up and running in no time!